By Graham Saunders
Read Online or Download A History of Brunei PDF
Similar asian history books
Within the years following its tense separation from Malaysia, Singapore has risen to develop into one of many best fiscal powers in Southeast Asia. This fiscal energy has carried it throughout the fresh East Asian monetary problem, in addition to delivering the assets for a very good defence potential.
Sixteenth-century China skilled an financial transformation which observed the unfold of commercialization and a consumerist fabric tradition that pervaded all points of lifestyles. As society started to reply to the industrial transformation, the ideology and tradition of patriarchal descent-line ethics, hitherto an city, literati development, started to locate resonance between up-and-coming literati households inside of rural groups.
In June 1900, Boxer rebels attacked the international group in China's capital, forcing all non-Chinese in addition to hundreds of thousands of chinese language Christians, to take shelter within the overseas Legation sector. during this first-hand account, American healthcare professional Robert Coltman takes us contained in the besieged legations, describing the diplomatic missteps, bold sorties, damaged friendships and overseas camaraderie lower than fireplace.
Explores why authoritarian regimes hassle to carry elections. at the back of the Façade examines the query of why authoritarian regimes in Southeast Asia trouble protecting elections. utilizing accomplished case reviews of Cambodia, Myanmar, and Singapore, Lee Morgenbesser argues that elections let authoritarian regimes to gather info, pursue legitimacy, deal with political elites, and maintain neopatrimonial domination.
- America at War: The Philippines, 1898-1913
- The Culture of Civil War in Kyoto (Philip E. Lilienthal Book)
- The Mongols at China's Edge: History and the Politics of National Unity (Asia/Pacific/Perspectives)
- Political Principles and Indian Sovereignty (Native Americans: Interdisciplinary Perspectives)
- Japan Emerging: Premodern History to 1850
- The Southeast Asia Handbook: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand (Regional Handbooks of Economic Development)
Additional resources for A History of Brunei